ASQ RU Updates...Did you know?
ASQ Members should be aware of several opportunities to earn more RU’s than in prior years. These may not be well known and should be considered when working toward or applying for recertification:
- Meeting Attendance: Meeting attendance now earns 0.5 RU’s / Meeting, up to a maximum of 11.0 RU’s. This was 0.3 RU’s per meeting in prior years.
- ASQ Membership: ASQ Membership now earns 0.5 RU’s / Year, up to a maximum of 1.5 RU’s. This was not available in prior years.
- Monthly Member Gift Bundles (http://asq.org/membership/members/gift/)]: Most ASQ Monthly Gift Bundles offer Webcasts, which earn 0.1 RU’s / Hour of Home Study in the Professional Development Category (maximum of 9.0 RU’s.) Note that ASQ’s e-mail notification for the March 2018 is incorrect. You will only earn 0.6 RU’s by viewing all the video content (not 5 RU’s as stated in the e-mail).
The number of RU’s currently offered for professional activities is available in the current ASQ Recertification Journal (https://asq.org/cert/resource/pdf/Recert%20Journal.pdf) .
CQE Review Course
ASQ Dinner Meeting
Thursday April 5 / 6:00 - 8:00p.m.
The Impact of Recent Regulatory Changes on Your Medical Device Quality System
Speaker: Betty Lane
- Hear about the changes in European Union Medical Device Regulations
- Learn about Canada’s January 2019 requirement for certification to the Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP)
- Explore what US FDA, Japanese, Brazilian, and Australian participation in means if you sell medical devices in those countries
American Society for Quality
Merrimack Valley Sec. 0102
PO Box 275
North Andover, MA 01845-0275